I love coconut oil, I love and use it that much I keep a bottle in my bathroom!
I use it in cooking, as a teeth whitener, moisturiser and for those on my Instagram will of seen my stories of coconut oil hair masks, after a 2 day dying marathon, my hair was feeling pretty sorry for itself. So, whist ive been using it as a daily moisturiser i wondered whether it would make my hair feel any better for itself.
Even after only one treatment, my hair feels in such better condition. (Ill admit the two day greasy look wasnt the greatest) but if you can get past having your hair up for one day, you’ll be fine!
Heres what I did;
- Washed my hair like normal.
- But Instead of using a conditioner, I used some of the melted coconut oil, and put it straight in my hair, I used as much as I needed to be able to feel the oil in all of my head.
- Wrapped it in an old towel and let towel dry.
- I didnt wash my hair until the following morning, and slept with a towel on my pillow.
- The following morning, I washed and dried my hair as normal (This is where it still looked a little greasy so I kept my hair up)
- Washed my hair again that same night.
Ive been repeating this routine for the past 3 weeks and seen a massive improvement on my hair, It’s no where near as dry or brittle and so many people have commented on how shiny and healthy it looks!
Going ahead.. I think I’m only going to be doing my ends from now on to carry on the treatment and the full head application only needs to be done once a month.
But its rapid popularity got me wondering what other things can it be used for? Theres all this talk in the press about it being the super-super food oil of many uses, but what actually are they?
Heres my top 30 uses and tips to using coconut oil.
- Natural Skin moisturiser
- Wrinkle reducer
- Make up remover
- Homemade toothpaste
- lip Barm
- Teeth whitener
- Use on top of cuts
- Shaving lubricant
- Cellulite smoother
- Massage Oil
- Stretch mark reducer
- Insect repellant
- Anti-fungal cream
- Coldsore treatment
- Cuticle Oil
- Hair conditioner
- Make up brush cleaner
- Hairbrush cleaner
- Natural Vapour rub
- Can be used as a creamer for coffee
- Use to make homemade scrubs
- Foot rub for cracked heels.
- Removes gum from hair or furniture
- Shoe shiner
- Cheek bone highlighter
- De-tangler for childrens hair
- Prevents and treats dandruff
- Use with epson salts for a healing bath
- Use after a shower to lock in moisture.
Do you have any uses for coconut oil? Any homemade recipes?
With Love, Gem x